The Ministry of Education has awarded OCL 40 schools to upgrade the data and power networks in the Auckland and Waikato regions. This was after OCL had completed upgrading over 60 schools on a tender per school basis prior to been awarded a bulk quantity of schools. The Ministry of Education realised the quality of cabling and power reticulation in schools throughout New Zealand was at a very poor standard. This meant IT, interactive and printer devices deployed in schools would not work or were very unreliable. The Ministry required OCL to offer a “Turn Key” solution.
Each upgrade includes the following scope of works:
- Installation of a minium quantity of Data Outlets in each class room and administration areas to MOE specifications throughout the school
- Construction of new server rooms and cabinets within the schools
- Installation of power outlets to MOE standards throughout the school
- Install new ducting and manholes between buildings
- Install and terminate all fibre optic cabling in the external ducting linking the buildings
Each installation is inspected and signed-off by an independent consultant ensure MOE standards are met and exceed.